Peer Psychedelic Integration Group
Tuesday January 30th, 2024* 7-9pm
4300 Montgomery Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
Psychedelic integration is a way of turning the insights and experiences we have when we use psychedelics into lasting behavior and lifestyle changes. It’s a process of becoming whole, moving from altered states to altered traits. A Peer Integration Circle is a group meeting where people take turns listening to and sharing their experiences, thoughts, and feelings relating to psychedelic integration. We are welcoming new people to our group!
This group may be right for you if you:
- Have past experience using psychedelics
- Want to talk through your psychedelic experiences openly with supportive people
- Seek additional strategies for continuing your integration process
- Wish to support others in their personal growth within an inclusive and judgment-free space
This group may NOT be right for you if you:
- Hope that attending might replace your need for professional treatment of any mental health problems you might have
- Are looking for group psychotherapy, medical care, or psychiatric treatment or advice
- Had a challenging experience with psychedelics that continues to cause you distress
- Want to find out where to access illegal substances or guides or practitioners working “underground”
Good to know:
- Tea and water will be provided.
- Please plan to attend the full duration of the event. Late arrivals and early departures disrupt the safety of our space. Doors will close at 7:10pm.
- There is a 16-person limit for this event, so that everyone will have the chance to speak and be heard.
- If you have concerns about accessibility, please contact the facilitator at the email below.
If you wish to speak to somebody about difficult psychedelic experiences and are unsure where to turn, immediate and free peer support is available from the psychedelic helpline Fireside Project.
- We treat all people within our circle with courtesy, compassion, and respect, regardless of age, ability, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- We do not encourage or condone any illegal activities, the purchase, sale, transfer, or use of any illegal substances, or partaking in any unlawful activities related to illegal substances. For those who choose to partake, we encourage safety and awareness from a harm reduction standpoint.
- We do not use illegal substances during our meetings.
- Please do not use the group for references to ceremonies or where/how to find illegal substances, online and/or in person.
- Do not bring, buy, sell, transfer, or arrive under the influence of any illegal substances, or swap information on how to acquire them through the group, online and/or in person.
- Anyone who disregards these basic requests will be asked to leave the group and not be permitted to return. Thank you for respecting the safety of the space we are co-creating.
Facilitated by Keith Miller, LCSW-C. Attending these meetings does not create a treatment relationship. Any attendees requiring medical or psychiatric treatment will be offered referrals to professional care. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Co-sponsored by MoCo Psychedelic Society